Valentines Day is around the corner. Whether you’re coupled up or single, whether you love it or hate it, the holiday does have a way of making you want to look your best. So why not embrace the moment and take the opportunity to work on making your lips healthier, smoother, and more luscious.
Here are 6 ways to get kissable lips:
1. Lip Scrub- Lips need to be exfoliated just like the rest of your skin. Here’s a great home recipe: mix ½ tsp honey, 2 drops of olive oil and 2tsp brown sugar. Apply to lips and gently scrub, then remove with warm water.
2. Moisturize- Your lips get chapped and chafed, especially in the winter months. Soothe your cracked lips with a natural balm like Rosebud Salve or make a home-made creation of honey and Vaseline for an overnight remedy.
3. Dermal Fillers- Suffering from thin or aging lips? Plump and smooth with dermal fillers- a non-invasive treatment to restore lip fullness, minimize fine lines around the lips and rejuvenate the mouth for natural, gorgeous results. Currently on special the month of February!
4. Natural Plumping- To give the illusion of fuller lips, try this makeup tip: Apply a layer of lip balm followed by a second layer of foundation before putting on your favorite lipstick for plump, kissable lips.
5. Teeth Whitening- White teeth will improve any smile and draw attention to beautiful lips. Pick up a pack of Crest 3D White Strips or schedule an appointment with your dentist for a whitening treatment.
6. Bold Lipstick- A bold lipstick color is both a statement and a signature. Here are some tops to help you find the right color:
Pink Undertones: If your complexion has pink undertones, stick to orange-based
or brick red shades.
Yellow Undertones: For yellow-based complexions,
pick a lipstick with blue-based
reds, pinks, or fuchsias to accentuate your lips.
Pale Skin: Very pale skin can pull off a variety of
lipstick shades. Be aware of your undertones to help you pick a color. When in
doubt, go for a signature red for a classic, yet dramatic look.
Darker Skin: Like very pale skin, darker skin tones have the luxury of playing around
with color- the makeup counter is your playground. Try orange or coral shaded for a
funky pop of color.
Redheads: A true red paired with a minimal eye makeup is the best color for a natural
redhead. It will accentuate your hair’s hue and make you stand out in a crowd.