Does your skin become dry, flaky, and dull during the winter months? The cold air and harsh winds outside plus dry heat indoors wreak havoc on your skin. Luckily, you can keep your skin looking beautiful this winter with a few easy at-home skin care tips.
1. Skin looks dull in winter because it naturally exfoliates less. Remove flaky skin by gently exfoliating with a Clarisonic Brush and a moisturizing cleanser. No drying soap. Consider a monthly facial or Vibraderm for an extra deep exfoliation.
2. Suffer flaky winter eyebrows? Pay special attention when cleaning your face and apply vitamin E oil to them. Don’t forget a hydrating eye cream- we love the Enlightenment Eye Cream from the Sylvana Solution line- to keep the area around your eye moisturized too!
3. Switch up your skincare products as the months grow colder. Focus on moisture.
Stock up on deep-hydrating moisturizers, mild cleansers, vitamin E oil, lip salve, and moisturizing face masks.
4. Apply coconut oil to dry areas before running a bath and add a couple of drops of tea tree oil (melaleuca) to gain moisture. Relax and give your thirsty skin a treat! Avoid hot water as it dries out the skin further.
5. Keep your lips summer smooth all winter long. Vitamin E enriched lip balms sooth chapped lips. Our favorite is Smith’s Rosebud Salve that now comes in a variety of scents and can be picked up right here in the office.
6. Hands and feet tend to get especially dry and cracked during the winter months. A cheap and effective weekly treatment for ignored hands and feet is to generously apply Vaseline (or a very heavy lotion) and cover with thick white cotton socks on both the hands and the feet overnight!
7. Don’t forget the role your environment can play on your body. Humidifiers are a great way to keep our home environment from becoming too dry.
8. HYDRATE! Flavored seltzers or herbal teas are great alternatives to keep hydrated if you aren’t a fan of good old fashion H2O. Drinking water is always the cheapest and fastest way to clearer, healthier looking skin.
9. Tomatoes, fruit and seafood? It’s easier and tastier than you think to eat your way to glowing skin!
10. Apply sunscreen daily! Just because it is winter don’t slack on protecting your skin. Like water, it’s cheaper and most effective way to great skin- yet for many people, so hard to keep up with as a daily routine. Do it.